Whether you have been preparing for weeks for this interview or just got a call back a couple of days ago, it’s inevitable that perhaps your interview won’t go as planned. We’ve listed a couple of signs your interview may not be going so well. However, if you do notice these signs, don’t panic! This is just a great way to know how it’s going, and that it’s time to redeem yourself or take a different route.
1. The hiring manager doesn’t maintain eye contact.
2. They display negative body language.
3. They seem distracted.
4. They cut the interview short.
5. They don’t smile, ever.
6. They go on the offensive.
7. They pause often as they try to think of the next question.
8. They don’t listen carefully to your answers or ask pertinent follow up questions.
9. The interviewer mentions there are other qualified candidates in the running.
10. It seems as if they’re reading your resume for the first time.
11. There’s little discussion or enthusiasm about your skills, accomplishments, or goals.
12. The conversation doesn’t flow, and there are lots of pauses or interruptions as you try to respond.
13. They don’t mention ‘next steps’ or ask about your availability.
14. You get the limp handshake.
15. You’re asked to follow up with an assistant.