1. “Good leaders make people feel that they’re at the very heart of things, not at the periphery. Everyone feels that he or she makes a difference to the success of the organization. When that happens people feel centered and that gives their work meaning.”
– Warren G. Bennis
2. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
– John Quincy Adams
3. “I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.”
– Ralph Nader
4. “Outstanding leaders go out of the way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish.”
– Sam Walton
5. Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.
– Norman Schwarzkopf
6. “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.”
– Ronald Reagan
7. “Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them.”
-John C. Maxwell
8. “Average leaders raise the bar on themselves; good leaders raise the bar for others; great leaders inspire others to raise their own bar.”
9. A great person attracts great people and knows how to hold them together.
– Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
10. A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.
– John Maxwell