Innovative Staff Solutions is hiring a Purchasing Assistant/Buyer for a client in Decatur, IL. The ideal candidate will be outgoing and have a strong attention to detail, customer service experience, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment!
Job Requirements for Buyer:
- High school diploma.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite – Excel, Word, Outlook.
- At least 1 year of recent clerical experience.
- Purchasing/buying experience preferred, but not required
- Order entry and tracking experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills and relationship building with vendors.
- Ability to work required overtime to support our customer as needed.
Job Details for Buyer:
- First Shift: 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Monday – Friday with the possibility for overtime.
- Earn $16.00/hour.
Job Duties for Buyer:
- Follow documented procedures and on-the-job training to purchase commodities and services of the highest quality and lowest possible price in correct or specified quantities.
- Take ownership and know assigned information such as common lead times and suppliers.
- Complete all documentation requirements to ensure accuracy and accountability as well as to protect the company from any undue monetary liabilities.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time. In the event of problems, track shipments and work with vendors to correct the issue in order to supply the products necessary to meet the needs of our customers.
- Support the production environment with timely and accurate orders necessary for quality and on-time delivery.
Job Benefits for Buyer:
- Weekly paychecks.
- Immediate health benefits.
- Opportunity for full time-hire with additional benefits.