Innovative Staff Solutions is growing, and we are seeking a qualified Payroll Specialist to add to our internal team. This full-time position is based in our Mattoon, Illinois office. Ideal candidates will have impeccable customer service and communication skills, a positive attitude, and thrive in a fast-paced, people-centric environment. ISS believes in cultivating the skills of our team and offers growth potential to those desiring to advance their careers.
- Process payroll for the ISS Traveling Work Program (TWP) whose employees travel and work throughout the country on a per diem basis.
- Enter new hire payroll information, payroll changes, employee status and taxes to maintain updated payroll records.
- Complete payroll in a timely and accurate manner each week.
- Make necessary adjustments and reissue checks when necessary.
- Maintain organized and detailed payroll records.
- Send weekly invoices and manage accounts receivable.
- Communicate with clients and employees via phone, email and in person.
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- Customer service experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to work efficiently despite interruptions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and good at the details.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Must be highly dependable and able to work M-F, 8:00am to 5:00pm + overtime.
Compensation & Benefits:
Innovative Staff Solutions provides our employees with competitive wages based on qualifications and experience as well as a generous benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays, Referral Plan, Flexible Spending Account, 401k with up to 4% company match and company events. We also provide a 90-day structured training program with continuing education, and growth opportunities.
Innovative Staff Solutions is a family-owned, full-service, staffing company that has been in business for over 28 years. Rooted in the commitment to provide 5-star customer service, ISS now operates more than 25 current locations throughout Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Missouri.
Innovative Staff Solutions is committed to giving back to the communities that we serve through charitable donations and giving of our time and effort. ISS employees are provided opportunities to participate in team outreach projects as well as guidance and recognition for individual contributions within their area.
Innovative Staff Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and need.