Innovative Staff Solutions is hiring for an Extrusion Shift Lead in Springfield, Illinois. If you are looking for a great opportunity to start your career, apply today or schedule a phone interview at scheduler.staffsolutions.com/phoneinterview!
Job Details & Duties:
• Extrusion Shift Lead
• 2nd Shift: 1:30pm-10:00pm
• Maintain a continuous work flow of material processed within the area.
• Ability to recognize and perform minor and/ or major adjustments as needed to extruders in a safe and productive manner.
• Ability to train newly and existing operators on how to effectively set up and run all extruders.
• Act as a back-up to the Extrusion Supervisor.
• Ability to operate the following equipment: Resin supply systems, Extruders, Dies, Regrind systems and Forklifts.
• Ability to use hand tools during equipment changeovers and/or Set up, Start up, and shutdown processes following procedures.
• Identify nonconforming material/products and work with Extrusion Supervisor for resolution.
• Accurately record and complete all shift documentation/paperwork.
• Ensure a seamless shift hand-off- go over updates with incoming shift.
• Follow all established safety procedures including PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
• Able to comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ensuring daily production needs are being met by employees.
• Use good shop practices to assure the accuracy and quality requirements of the job.
• Promote good morale and communications among employees.
• Ensure proper reporting of safety issues to EHS Coordinator and/or Supervisor.
• Create and maintain a positive and effective conflict resolution environment at the lowest level necessary.
• Maintain proper inventory controls. This includes storage of raw material, storage of finished goods and the required packaging for customer orders.
• Immediate Health Benefits
• Holiday pay after 800 hours worked
• Weekly paychecks
• Opportunity for full-time hire
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Understanding of order schedule and job packets
• Must be able to drive a forklift
• Understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions
• Effectively communicate information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization
• Possess basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Must be able to lift up to 70lbs
• Good hand/eye coordination
• May involve some repetitive motions such as frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, and pulling of parts
• Must be able to work in various temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold
Questions? Call our Springfield office at 217-585-1620