Innovative Staff Solutions has a direct hire opportunity for a Fabrication Manager with a client in Ottawa, IL. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity that is first shift with benefits.
The fabrication manager will lead the fabrication team. This position requires a strong technical leader who is capable in effective leadership to drive meeting and exceeding the department goals with a bias toward action and continually improving performance, quality, and customer satisfaction
- Effectively manage the fabrication team – assigning work, ensuring efficiencies and quality, and providing constructive feedback
- Interface with other departments on customer orders, delivery dates, and materials needed
- Continually assess department and define objectives and stretch goals to drive improvements in all areas within the fabrication department
- Work closely with the engineering team on new production introduction to ensure production readiness and seamless transition into production
- Work closely with the engineering team on design improvements that aid in the manufacturability of the fabricated assemblies
- Ensure safe working environment and drive a culture of “customer ready” within the fabrication department to ensure cleanliness and organization
- Drive a balance between inventory levels and the ability to quickly satisfy customer demand
- Establish KPIs that are indicators of the fabrication performance and used for objectively measuring opportunities for improvement.
- Identifying future equipment needs and showing objective value in securing the needed equipment.
- Write and provide performance reviews of the fabrication team members along with interviewing new candidates.
- 5 to 10 years’ on-job experience in fabrication management
- Technical training/education on fabrication processes
- Expert knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models, and CAD/CAM software.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of accomplishing department objectives on time without sacrificing quality
- Excellent communication skills working with the department, engineering, sales, customer service, and all levels of management.
- Excellent organizational skills with a proven track record of managing projects and orders in a highly stressful environment while prioritizing work to ensure all objectives are met.
- High level of integrity, creativity, persistence, and personal drive
Full time position, Monday – Friday, first shift, overtime as is required to complete job duties. Our client is a manufacturing environment with working conditions that are consistent with typical manufacturing companies. The noise level is typical with machines, background noises, telephone and personal interruptions. Sections of the work area are exposed to seasonal heat and cold conditions.