Innovative Staff Solutions is hiring for an HR Coordinator to join the Human Resources team at a client in Decatur, IL! As an HR Coordinator, you will participate in supporting the HR efforts in recruiting, assisting employees with questions related to benefits, employment, policies, and procedures. If you have the skills necessary to thrive in a fast-paced environment, our client is offering a competitive rate with an incredible learning opportunity for someone with a budding career in Human Resources! This is a full time position with a blend of 1st and 2nd shift schedules- 3 days a week the Site HR Coordinator will work 10 am-6 pm and two days a week the schedule can be flexible to regular day shift hours.
- Enter all new hire information in HRIS system in addition to updates (terminations, status changes, etc.) per company policy and defined HRIS Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform weekly audits of timesheets for payroll processing.
- Process background checks and additional pre-employment screening activities
- Conduct New Hire Orientation including the education of benefits, company policies, and procedures
- Manage site based timeclocks and report performance issues.
- Report on employee data including financial and labor data; may review/audit invoice reports
- Guide employees to complete electronic forms related to address, status, and benefit changes.
- Assist in recruiting, screening, interviewing, hiring/terminating and training all new employees.
- Coordinate orders and requests with vendors for office equipment, supply, and temporary personnel.
- Communicate company announcements and updates to company policies
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by site management
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of progressive administrative support required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred; If no degree, equivalent years of experience within HR would be preferred
- HR/payroll systems experience preferred.
- Strong MS Office skills to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint as well as data entry and typing ability.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and speaks effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Attention to detail and data accuracy
- Positive attitude; good people skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions produced manuals and to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to manage small project assignments as necessary.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Optimizes Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Situational Adaptability – Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.