Innovative Staff Solutions has a direct hire opportunity for a Human Resources Specialist for a client in Arthur, IL. This is a full time, salaried position with benefits available immediately! As a Human Resources Assistant you will join an existing team of HR professionals in supporting recruiting, on boarding, community relations, employee engagement, and general HR related activities.
- Shared responsibility for recruitment, selection and on-boarding of talent of non-production roles for the organization.
- Assists in management of community relations activities with local school districts, colleges and universities to strengthen C.H.I.’s presence and contributions to the community through internship and career fair participation.
- Lead the planning and execution of employee engagement events and activities
- Helps to facilitate talent & succession planning, career pathing, job evaluations, promotion recommendations, merit planning cycles, salary surveys and other project management activities.
- Assists and implements strategies to retain key associates and create a positive and productive work
- Assist in the performance review process for hourly employees, including alignment meetings and assessing the reviews
- Work with supervisors and management team to monitor performance management process including identifying and addressing performance issues and management of performance improvement plans
- Provide support, guidance, and direction to employees regarding benefits programs
- Manage and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Professional communication, both written and spoken
- Assist with unemployment and other verification inquiries
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related discipline required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Human Resources functions required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Experience in full-cycle recruitment and talent management required
- Strong knowledge of local employment laws, labor relations and regulations
- Prior experience working with HRIS systems and databases
- Capability to build strong relationships, prioritize responsibilities, and execute autonomously, efficiently, and effectively
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth business environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint