Innovative Staff Solutions has a full time, contract opportunity for a Japanese Translator with a manufacturing client in Owensboro, KY! This is a temporary position with a tentative start date of 2/1/2021 lasting for approximately 6 months. The ideal candidate will be fluent in both English and Japanese (native speaker) with strong computer and software skills.
- Pay depending on experience and proficiency
- 6 month contract, beginning 2/1/2021
- Owensboro, KY
- Provide consecutive interpretation between languages (English and Japanese).
- Listen to complete statements in one language, translate to second, and translate responses from second into first language in consecutive interpreting.
- Express either approximate or exact translation, depending on nature of occasion.
- Interpret and edit written documentation from one language to another.
- Support Japanese Support members, visitors and other staff assigned from Japanese parent company and their families.
- Assist in coordinating Team Member activities (e.g., company picnics, fund-raisers).
- Assist the Administration Group on special projects as needed (e.g., location weekly report, weekly management staff meeting minutes, annual customer, supplier and Team Member holiday card preparation and mailing activity).
- Remain objective throughout the course of their interpreting sessions.
- Must be fluent in both English and Japanese. Japanese should be native level.
- Basic personal computer and system software skills.
- Interpersonal skills (teamwork, customer orientation).
- Communication (verbal communication, listening, written communication).
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision-making, problem solving, awareness).
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency).
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness).
Bachelor’s degree, or four (4) + years related experience preferred and high school diploma or G.E.D., or equivalent combination of education and experience.