Innovative Staff Solutions has a Legal Secretary position available in Decatur, IL. The ideal candidate will be able to perform a variety of complex and responsible secretarial and legal work using specialized knowledge of the preparation and processing requirements of legal documents, legal terminology, and the court system. Legal experience preferred!
Job Details: Secretary
- Earn $19.00/hour.
- Monday-Friday with possible overtime.
- 8:30am-5:00pm (4 days per week).
- 8:45am-5:15pm (1 day per week).
- 1 hour lunch (12:00pm-1:00pm) or (1:00pm-2:00pm).
- Temp to Hire.
Job Requirements: Secretary
- Must be able to type a minimum of 55wpm.
- Exceptional proofreading skills.
- Advanced transcription skills using standard transcription equipment.
- Advanced proficiency with Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook.
- Advanced proficiency in internet-based research.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to handle confidentiality and discretion.
- Detail oriented.
- Prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Draft and proof legal documents under the supervision of attorneys, using proper formatting, and procedures.
- Interact with others in a professional, courteous, and composed manner.
- Enjoys working within a group and appreciates teamwork.
Job Responsibilities: Secretary
- Receive and transcribe legal dictation using transcription equipment.
- Prepare and process legal documents, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Mail, Fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Receive and place telephone calls, schedule, and make appointments.
- Organize and maintain documents and case files.
- Respond to unanticipated, urgent production requirements arising at any time, particularly when such production is required prior to the close of business.