Innovative Staff Solutions is hiring a Payroll Assistant for a client in Ottawa, IL. The ideal candidate will have previous payroll experience. This is a part time position with the opportunity of being hired on full time! This position is supporting our client’s Payroll Department. Apply today!
Job Details for Payroll Assistant:
- $15/HR, based off skillset.
- Monday-Thursday work week.
- Hours: 8:00am – 2:30pm or 9:00am – 3:30pm.
- Process weekly union and biweekly non-union payroll and within the deadline for submission.
- Keep informed about State and Federal changes that apply to the payroll process.
- Verify attendance, time card punches, scheduled hours and hours worked to ensure accurate payroll.
- Enter weekly 401k loan and election changes and confirming payroll contributions.
- Process payroll deductions, garnishments and reimbursements in accordance with the law and company policies.
- Update monthly union dues deductions amounts, lump sum payments and produce monthly report to Accounting for payment.
- Process all retroactive pay as necessary in addition to verifying and reviewing with Managers for hours worked.
- Verify and enter insurance deductions for medical and life.
- Enter new hire payroll information, payroll changes, employee status, taxes and exemptions, to maintain updated payroll records.
- Sort, label and distribute pay stubs including any notification handouts for associates.
- Verify weekly hours worked by temporary employees and submit to agencies for timely payment.
Job Requirements for Payroll Assistant:
- Two years of experience with Payroll processing, within a union environment preferred.
- Experience using a web based payroll processing system, time and attendance and clock utilities.
- Proficient at an intermediate level in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Proficient mathematical reasoning and excellent communication skills.
- Maintain organized and detailed payroll records.
Job Benefits for Payroll Assistant:
- Weekly paychecks.
- Immediate health benefits.
- Opportunity for full-time hire!