Innovative Staff Solutions is hiring for a Production Supervisor for a client in the Effingham, IL area. This is a first shift, hands on opportunity with growth potential working for a leading manufacturer in the area!
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading a specific operations area such as lamination, warehouse, fabrication, millwork, or assembly. In this role, you are responsible for leading and developing a team of employees and managing operation schedules. You and your team leader(s) will work to create a highly skilled, engaged workforce. The supervisor is responsible for monitoring associate productivity, assigning jobs, and communicating with team leaders and other associates so all can be successful. You will also be responsible for monitoring compliance with all work rules and safety rules. This position also performs all other responsibilities as directed by the Plant Manager.
The Production Supervisor coordinates production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers. They are also responsible for developing the skills and maintaining a productive workforce. Production supervisors often search for ways to improve the manufacturing process and make it more efficient. Another important facet of their role is maintaining safety among employees and in the workplace. Production supervisors must ensure that all safety protocols are followed by all employees. In addition to supervising, training and ensuring the safety of all employees, the production supervisors must also inspire their employees and create a good work environment for them. Production supervisors are also called on to work with customers to ensure their needs are met. With a three-shift operation, this position requires flexibility.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and resolve conflict
- Requires special knowledge in industrial technology or related business degree. Knowledge can be acquired through two years of college, vocation or technical school training resulting in an associate degree or equivalent
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred
- Management experience in a manufacturing industry is preferred
- The ability to learn the MPR system (MOVEX)
- Ability to supervise and train and accomplish work goals through others
- Ability to read materials to interpret and analyze content such as technical reports, research papers, or journal articles
- Ability to compose or modify text to communicate conceptual or other complex information requiring analysis and creativity
- Ability to solve a variety of problems in the absence of technical guidelines or precedents. Work involves analysis and requires judgment to plan programs and projects that will resolve production problems
- Ability to make decisions and/or final recommendation which affect multiple departments or a division and may, on occasions, affect the entire organization
- Ability to complete tasks that not only require anticipation of future work needs but also requires the development of new approaches, techniques or resources to meet the anticipated demand
- Ability to direct other associates in overseeing multiple work functions. Is responsible for recruitment, training, and team member performance evaluation. Evaluates work objectives and effectiveness and modifies staffing patterns as needed
- Ability to communicate to present, advice, or negotiate business issues where some precedent exists (e.g., sensitive customer/vendor or public relations issues, negotiating contracts, etc.)