Innovative Staff Solutions is hiring for a Staff Accountant for a client in Mattoon, IL! As a Staff Accountant, you will work with others at the firm to help implement excellent accounting service, whether assigned to tax or audit services.
This is a direct hire opportunity, working for a local firm. If you have the skills necessary to thrive in a fast-paced environment, our client is offering a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, and a wonderful career opportunity that affords growth!
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies & procedures
- Understand professional standards and legal requirements
- Work towards passing the CPA exam, if haven’t already
- Related to Financial Statement Engagements:
- Become familiar with pronouncements of the FASB, AICPA, and when assigned to governmental engagements, the GAO and GASB
- Become proficient at preparing financial statements
- Obtain exposure on the types of financial statement engagements offered our client
- Assume responsibility for unaudited financial statement engagements or segments of audits under the supervision of more experienced staff
- Related to Tax Engagements:
- Become familiar with pertinent IRC sections and regulations
- Obtain a working knowledge of research techniques and the various research sources in the Firm library
- Become proficient in the preparation of corporate individual, partnership, fiduciary, and other tax returns
- Assume responsibility for the completion of tax returns under the supervision of more experienced staff
- Follow up regularly with the Managers or Partners as to project status.
- Ability to work overtime during the Tax Season, 55-60 hours/week, including Saturdays (1/15 – 4/15). Flexible schedule
- Develop knowledge of the Clients, including their preferences of contact / communication methods
- Ability to work under pressure of due dates, especially leading up to April 15th.
- Maintaining professional communications with Clients
- Have a Good Attitude & Initiative, especially as due dates approach
- Ask questions to assist in improving processes & to learn
- Other duties to assist the Partners or Managers, as assigned
- 1-5 years of Staff Accountant experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an accounting field
- Must be able to pass a federal and state background check and drug & alcohol screening