Innovative Staff Solutions has been in the staffing industry for 26 years growing to over 23 locations throughout Illinois, Indiana, Missouri and Kentucky. We are a family owned and operated company looking for a Professional Operations Manager to join our expanding team! The Operations Manager is a senior level position overseeing the business operation of their region to exceed the expectations of our clients. This is a vital role at ISS and will include managing day-to-day activities, analyzing statistics and reports, training, measuring staff performance, managing costs and excelling at customer service. Candidates must be able to see the big picture as well as the finer details. Strong leadership skills, including effective time management, prioritizing and delegation, are required. You must be able to lead, coach, inspire, support and motivate your team, and always seeking to improve best practice. This region will include our offices in Evansville, IN, Owensboro and Princeton, KY. The position may be able to work remote 1-2 days per week and at each location the other days. Company vehicle is provided.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial/Marketing: Analyze financial reports to determine if the on-site/Branch strategies are producing the desired results. Take appropriate action to modify strategies and/or correct deficiencies so as to ensure area goals are achieved.
- Administrative: Monitor locations to ensure administrative tasks are completed accurately and on time, including such tasks as: workers compensation requirements, unemployment expectations, payroll and invoice deadlines, internal hiring procedures, and field office tasks and responsibilities. Keep abreast of changes in government rules and regulations, which may affect operating procedures and strategy.
- Supervisory: Manage team of 20+ staff members. Responsible for training appropriate staff members through coaching, counseling, and mentorship. Develop strong team utilizing a through hiring process and evaluate performance and effectiveness to ensure quality leadership.
- INITIATIVE: Pro-active attempts to influence events to achieve goals: self-starting rather than passive acceptance. Go beyond the norm and take action beyond specific, explicit job responsibilities. Initiative will originate action rather than response only to the action of others.
- Communication: Effectively give and receive information in individual or group situations. Actively participate in meetings, internal and external. Conduct formal presentations to prospects/clients or field employees. Ability to influence or persuade others. Most communication is two-way and it is important to accurately hear and process the information being provided.
- Planning and Organizing: Establish a course of action to accomplish specific goals. Plan proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources. Establish goals, time management and priorities.
- Customer Service Orientation: Listen to and understand the client, anticipating client needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction. Listen to the clients’ problems and requests with empathy and a willingness to make an extra effort to help the client. Determine client satisfaction after the sale, rather than waiting for the client to take the first action. Anticipate the clients’ needs and respond quickly, accurately and pleasantly. Retain flexible schedules in order to service clients’ request and/or handle complaints.
- Judgment: Develop alternative courses of action and make decisions which are based on logical assumptions and which reflect factual information. Use the information available to develop alternative possibilities, understand the pros and cons of each alternative and choose the most appropriate course of action.
- Work Standards: Set high goals or standards or performance for self, staff members, others and business unit.
- Mandatory travel which will include overnight stays as needed.
- Four- year college degree in related subjects or equivalent years of experience and training.
- Prefer six years’ experience with at least two years directly related experience in a management capacity.
- Proven track record of strong organizational and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Excels in customer service.
- Experience with conflict resolution.
- Prior experience leading a team.